All Topics / General Property / Opinions on Gold Coast property prices leading up to the Commonwealth Games

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of paulkarenpaulkaren
    Participant
    @paulandkaren

Hi all,

I realise there are a lot of factors involved but was wondering if anyone has opinions as stated in the title? I have a few properties on the Southern GC that i am thinking about selling one or two to free up some cash and pay off PPOR. Our original intention was to hold them for another couple of years hoping that the 2018 Comm games as well as other infrastructure projects on the Coast will help to stimulate some extra capital growth. Lots of reports in the Media at the moment about how good the Games is going to be for real estate prices across the coast. Does anyone have any opinions on this and can anyone see any reason why there wouldn’t be at least a better than QLD average growth here on the Coast in the next few years? We need to make a decision very soon so any genuine help would be much appreciated.

Cheers..Paul

Profile photo of Luke TaylorLuke Taylor
    Participant
    @world-changer

Hi Paul,
    Mate many commenctators are speaking positively about the Gold Coats for the next few years .If you have a few around there already I would look at trying to hold(depending on areas and yr cashflow etc -position)
    on until at least 6 months prior to the com games.The market should see a spike !!

Luke Taylor | Hope Property Investing
    http://hopepropertyinvesting.com
    Email Me

Property Support,Strategist and Buyers Agent

Profile photo of BuyersAgentBuyersAgent
    Participant
    @knightm

Actual impact of the games is probably not that big but the mindset it creates is very positive, and there is a bunch of infrastructure spending currently worth considering.

BuyersAgent | Precium
    http://www.precium.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

South Coast NSW Independent Buyers Agent - Wollongong to Batemans Bay and Regional NSW. DOWNLOAD OUR FREE 14 POINT PROPERTY BUYER'S CHEATSHEET to avoid painful mistakes at precium.com.au

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi PaulKaren,

Out of interest, I just Googled “Property Clock Gold Coast” and saw quite a few useful entries pop up. The concensus seems to be that 2015 is likely to look good for the GC.

I watched as values rose, then fell again from 2008. I am still holding one in the area that I plan to sell next year. Or even this year, if values return to “good numbers” before 2016.

Benny

PS I especially enjoyed THIS one – it talked to the veracity of the clock itself, and had a few warnings, along with some really common-sense info :-
    http://www.apimagazine.com.au/blog/2014/01/hidden-media-cycle-winds-the-property-clock/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.