All Topics / Value Adding / where do I stand?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of waydo77waydo77
    Participant
    @waydo77

Hi all,

not happy.

Got a bit of an issue, recently had an air con installed in a rental property and tried it out.
    Turns out even after running the unit for a few hours the house was still 26 degrees! (Was a 40 degree day) but shouldn’t matter.

I am wondering if this is the unit the company has recommended for the house, (have emails confirming)
    If it used as they have said and does not perform as they have said, what should I do next and what would be my rights
    Under accc law?

Thanks

wade

Profile photo of ToolsTools
    Participant
    @tools

I’d be talking to the supplier /installer as the first port of call.

Tools

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

Have you checked the settings? Sometimes people set the temp lower but forget to switch it from heat to cool.

If it’s on heat, no matter how low the temp is, it won’t cool.

Try that then if no luck, ring the manufacturer/installer as mentioned above.

You don’t want them to come out only to discover there’s nothing wrong with it. They will charge you if that’s the case.

Profile photo of JBCJBC
    Participant
    @jbenjamin

You have a number of rights and guarantees as a consumer. If a product simply doesn’t do its job then you should be entitled to a refund/replacement. The ACCC publishes a fair bit of useful info:

https://www.accc.gov.au/consumers

If it actually cooled the place to 26 degrees though you might have to have a closer look at what they said it would do, what AC units are ordinarily capable of etc, and check out the settings as Catalyst has explained before going down the ACCC route.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Check out the sales of goods act (NSW) – if the parties in NSW

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of paulkarenpaulkaren
    Participant
    @paulandkaren

Hi Wade,
    I know nothing about consumer law etc however i am an Electrician and if it is a 40 degree day outside then getting an air con to cool an entire house to 26 inside isnt too bad. There are a lot of factors that determine an air con’s capacity to cool a house and on a 40 degree day then most of these would be obvious. I live on the Gold Coast in a house that is quite hot due to its position and orientation. We have ducted air and on a hot day we SET our air con at 26 degrees. Asking it to do any more would be a waste of power and 26 is comfortable enough. Just my opinion but for the few days a year its 40 degrees what is it you expect to gain and ask yourself is it worth the hassle?

Profile photo of waydo77waydo77
    Participant
    @waydo77

SO turns out they installed the wrong unit and had to upgrade from 7kw to 10kw. no labor to upgrade because it was their stuff up. Even the daikin website states a 10kw minimum for the sqm of the house.

Profile photo of DeanCollinsDeanCollins
    Participant
    @deancollins

the annoying part is probably only a few hundred dollars between models…..but they tried to skim in order to pad the profit.

Profile photo of waydo77waydo77
    Participant
    @waydo77

they slugged 700 to upgrade from 7kw to 10kw might see what retail prices are and see if they had profit in there somewhere..

Profile photo of BuyersAgentBuyersAgent
    Participant
    @knightm

@waydo77 glad you got a result! Well done.

BuyersAgent | Precium
    http://www.precium.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

South Coast NSW Independent Buyers Agent - Wollongong to Batemans Bay and Regional NSW. DOWNLOAD OUR FREE 14 POINT PROPERTY BUYER'S CHEATSHEET to avoid painful mistakes at precium.com.au

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.