All Topics / Overseas Deals / Where is your LLC set up

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Judith OttosenJudith Ottosen
    Participant
    @tallpoppy

Recently, I came across an issue of evicting a tenant where the owner of the property has a Nevada LLC and Florida properties. If the tenant leaves after the first notice, no problem but if the matter goes to court, the judge will throw it out and award tenant legal costs, if any, against you. It’s important to check the requirements of the State where you have properties to ensure you will not have eviction issues. It’s easy to transfer an LLC, keeping the same name, to another State.

Judith Ottosen | Outback Realty LLC
    Email Me

Profile photo of SteevgSteevg
    Participant
    @steevg53

Hi Judith, interesting situation . . . . so the property was “owned” by the Nevada LLC? Was the Nevada LLC “registered” in Florida?

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

Generally for tax reasons it is better to set up an LLC in the state where you are purchasing. There are often different costs with some states charging heavy penalties.

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of Judith OttosenJudith Ottosen
    Participant
    @tallpoppy

Sorry I haven’t replied sooner, been a bit hectic here. The Nevada LLC was not registered as a foreign LLC in Florida.(foreign here means another State) The fees to be registered as foreign are the same as an annual renewal of LLC which is not cost effective long term. I thought it was something worth bringing up here as I know there are a large number of Nevada LLC’s out there.

Cheers
    Judith

Judith Ottosen | Outback Realty LLC
    Email Me

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.