All Topics / Overseas Deals / From High School Dropout to 300+ Real Estate Deals

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of EngeloRumoraEngeloRumora
    Participant
    @engelorumora

What do you think of my podcast?

http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2014/09/25/high-school-dropout-300-real-estate-deals/

Thanks for listening and have a great day.

EngeloRumora | Ohio Cashflow
    http://ohiocashflow.com/
    Email Me | Phone Me

F@#$ THE REST WORK WITH OHIO CASHFLOW TO INVEST

Profile photo of ChrisA1ChrisA1
    Participant
    @chrisa1

Great interview Engelo

Very American interview by the interviewers, but I’m glad you identified the difference between US and Australia and explained the principals – trusting others, building relationships, spending time yourself (your first reno). Good first question for REA – not many would spend time giving info without a guaranteed outcome, and those that are, are worth keeping!

ChrisA1

Persistence is 'to keep on keeping on, no matter how hard the going may be'

Profile photo of EngeloRumoraEngeloRumora
    Participant
    @engelorumora

Hi Chris,

Thanks for listening and your kind words.

I was going to post on somersoft but know those guys hate anything US real estate haha

All good things take time. Its crazy to see how some investors jump in so quickly with their life time savings.

I made the same mistake also when I started :(

Thanks and have a great day.

Email Me | Phone Me

Freedom
    Participant
    @lindaq

Fantastic! So good to hear of somebody from Australia, new to the game, and doing so well. Very inspiring. Thank you for sharing.

It sounds like you moved over there first and then started investing, is that correct?

I got a lot of good information from that, and a lot of inspiration. I want to hear more!!!!

Profile photo of blackhotelblackhotel
    Participant
    @blackhotel

Actually after hearing your podcast I have got off my backside and rang the Mortgage broker to get to work on getting me some more money. Thanks for the boot up the ass Engelo. I haven’t done anymore buying since 2010. I travel to LA & San Francisco every year as I love the USA. I have an investment property in Pac Heights. I admire what your doing over seas. I’m a seasoned investor for the past 30 years and one thing that has worked for me is buying properties for LOCATION, LOCATON, LOCATION. Most of the properties I bought are either Harbour front, beach front or close to a University. I know it costs more to purchase and most of the time it’s negatively geared, however every 5 years I manage to cash-out more money from these prime assets as they appreciate so quickly. The normal suburban (cheaper) houses that I purchased have just sat on the fence for years, but they are slightly positive geared. I would love to contact you when I come over in June 2015. I use to have a business in SF and will give you a run down on many funny stories about being an Auzzie in the USA. Good Luck

Participant
    @engelorumora

Hi Freedom,

Thanks for your comment and kind words.

I actually started investing from Australia and then later on moved to the US.

I feel like a kid in a candy store here.

There are some amazing opportunities available here.

Especially in states like Ohio and Michigan.

Do you own any investment properties in the US or Australia?

Thanks.

Email Me | Phone Me

Participant
    @engelorumora

lol blackhotel :)

I am glad I the podcast prompted you to call your mortgage broker.

Sounds great.

Please feel free to reach out anytime.

My US number is 816 372 5334.

My personal email is [email protected]

I would love to catch up. I also have many stories to tell lol haha

Thanks and have a great day.

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of blackhotelblackhotel
    Participant
    @blackhotel

Cheers for that. I will definitely call you. Just one thing I will say so the forum can read is the biggest difference in USA compared to Oz is there is no “tall poppy” in the USA. I drove a nice car in OZ and people would come up to me and say “you must be ripping someone off” and even spit on my car. In America I also a drive a nice car (SO CHEAP IN US) and American’s would compliment me on my wheels and congratulate me for being successful.

Also, when doing business in USA you are dealing with 300 million people (not counting the illegals) , whereas in OZ you are doing business with 20 million, this is why the USA is the land of OPPORTUNITY!

Engelo, have you said these Auzzie phrases yet : ‘So small you can’t swing a cat’ and ‘flat-out like a lizard drinking’, watch the face of an American when you say it – funny, funny.

Participant
    @engelorumora

Cheers for that. I will definitely call you. Just one thing I will say so the forum can read is the biggest difference in USA compared to Oz is there is no “tall poppy” in the USA. I drove a nice car in OZ and people would come up to me and say “you must be ripping someone off” and even spit on my car. In America I also a drive a nice car (SO CHEAP IN US) and American’s would compliment me on my wheels and congratulate me for being successful.

Also, when doing business in USA you are dealing with 300 million people (not counting the illegals) , whereas in OZ you are doing business with 20 million, this is why the USA is the land of OPPORTUNITY!

Engelo, have you said these Auzzie phrases yet : ‘So small you can’t swing a cat’ and ‘flat-out like a lizard drinking’, watch the face of an American when you say it – funny, funny.

Awesome mate, please do.

I would be scared driving a nice car here. Only due to the fact that first they would compliment the car and then they would hear me speak and then it would “OMG, I love your accent” haha

I prob spend 2hrs every day just talking to people about where I am from and what I am doing here lollol

I recently started saying that I am from North Carolina to get left alone hahaha

Yep, 300m and another 30m illegals.

“Cheeky Bugger” is one that also turns heads big time haha

I call everyone “Mate, Love or Darling”

That gets people confused hahahaha

Funny stuff

I was actually having dinner at Sardi’s in NYC last night and this British lady was sitting next to us with her husband, she heard my accent and we struck up a convo and during it she ended up saying “old fart”

And I was like “Wow, haven’t heard that one is a while” hahahaha

Thanks

Email Me | Phone Me

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.