All Topics / General Property / Brisbane Property Market

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of AM2778AM2778
    Participant
    @am2778

Hi All,

I’m interested in understanding whats the condition of the Brisbane property market. Is there potential for Brissy to see Capital Growth?

is it a good time to invest or nor ? if so, what suburbds should I be looking at ?

Also, for an interstate investor like myself, whats the best way to buy a property in Brisbane ? Is it worth engaging a Buyers Agent?
    btw – whats the difference between a Buyers Agent and a Buyers Advocate ?

Would appreciate any advice on this.

Thanks

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Brisbane has been on a steady incline for a while now – it’s a very popular spot for investors at present. I seem to be doing a lot of loans for clients purchasing up that way.

A BA can be a good option – especially if you have little knowledge about the market and/or are time poor.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of superAndrewsuperAndrew
    Participant
    @superandrew

Hi there

If you have plenty of money to throw around, are limited on time and don’t want to be much involved in the property investing process then I would recommend using a buyer agent.

If that is not the case then I would do a bit of research of potential areas (preferable within 10km of Brisbane CBD). Contact some of the local agents and get on their list or use realestate.com.au.

Once you find a potential property, research the area they are located in. Look at rents, vacancies, population, etc
    I developed this tool to make this process fast and easy: property-analyser.com.au.

Once you have a list of properties you would consider purchasing, buy a flight ticket and visit Brisbane (much cheaper than the $10k you would be paying for a buyer agent) and inspect the properties.

You might not like any of the properties and might not purchase any but during this process you will learn a lot and it will only cost you a bit of time and a few $100.

If you want to become a property investor then education and experience is key, so stay away from buyer agents.

If you have money and don’t know what to do with it and don’t care much about property investing, then you know what to do.

btw – whats the difference between a Buyers Agent and a Buyers Advocate ?

They are the same.

Cheers

Andrew

superAndrew | Property Analyser and Finder Tool
    https://property-analyser.com.au

Profile photo of AM2778AM2778
    Participant
    @am2778

Thank you superAndrew for the response and the details provided.
    I will surely use the tool that you have provided and also look into doing the legwork to gain an understanding

Thanks heaps for the advice.
    Much appreciated.

Profile photo of KillaraKillara
    Participant
    @genyc

Hey Super Andrew!

I was curious about your property analyser and went to have a browse around. Thought you should know the blue buttons aren’t working at the moment – neither the Analyser nor the contact buttons are active. The HTML link may be broken.

Profile photo of superAndrewsuperAndrew
    Participant
    @superandrew

Hey Killara

Thanks for letting me know. I just tested it and it seems to be working.

Are you still experiencing the problem?

Cheers

Andrew

superAndrew | Property Analyser and Finder Tool
    https://property-analyser.com.au

Profile photo of riparipa
    Participant
    @gregsc1961

Hi there,
    I am currently putting together a new concept that will allow participants to build new ip’s
    for as little as cost plus 3 %.
    This is in early infancy stages and I am currently seeking expressions of interest before I proceed further.
    this is a serious and genuine offer.
    if you would like to talk please don’t hesitate to contact me with a private message.

Profile photo of AM2778AM2778
    Participant
    @am2778

Hi All,
    What about the Bayside Suburbs in Brisbane? Cleveland, Victoria Point, Wynnum, etc.
    It seems that these areas have a good rental yield…. > 5%.

Considering that I am based in Melbourne and am not that familiar with Brisbane Property Market, I’m seeking advice if these areas are worth investing in?

Feedback on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    AM2778

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi AM2778,
    I am not currently looking for more, but I have previously held IP’s in these Eastern suburbs. I find there are many things to like about most of these ‘burbs. First off, these appeared to have been significantly developed around 20 – 30 years ago. This means there are really good, settled areas with facilities long in place. i.e. the train line visits most of these suburbs, schools are well established, as are shopsand properties are “generally” more middle class than other areas.

Development continues today, with some older homes and/or farms being replaced (especially those with Bay views). My investing style was more “buy, hold, and reno over time” – and these areas suited my style. Our places had really good capital growth between 2000 and 2007. Some was manufactured (reno’s) but much was, I believe, the overall growth in values in these areas. Post GFC, there was a huge slow-down, but that was nothing to do with individual suburbs.

It is a general area I would not hesitate to go looking in again – but of course, I would need to “start from scratch” when looking again now. I do like the “feel” of much of that area. Pick your places with good fundamentals, and I’d think they won’t let you down.

Other useful attributes include :-
    1. The usual “Eastern suburb desirability” for those who drive to work – when working in the CBD, the Sun is in your rear-view mirror when going both to and from work each day. (This is a big deal, as anyone who lives in a Western suburb knows !!)

2. The recent (two years ago?) upgrading of the M1 over the Gateway bridge(s), and the more recently completed roadworks at the Southern end of the Gateway arterial, has led to MUCH easier access for these suburbs to the major road networks.

Let’s see what other members think,

Regards,
    Benny

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.