All Topics / Help Needed! / Looking to purchase IP in SE QLD

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of Razoo121Razoo121
    Participant
    @razoo121

Hi,
    Looking to purchase IP in south east QLD and needing some suggestions on suburbs to look at for good rental returns.
    A long term investment with around $500,000 maximum to spend but around $450,000 would be better, prefer Northside just because I know the area.
    Was looking at a 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom and 2 garage as I see it as a better long term investment? am on the right track with this?
    Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi Razoo,
    Welcome aboard !! I gather from your wording that you are wanting a highish yield, perhaps in preference to Capital Growth? Or do you hope to have both – maybe forcing Growth via reno, development, etc. There would be many questions that should arise before launching into this – like, what are your goals?

Have you talked with anyone re what would be a good approach, based on your current situation and where you are wanting to head? In the case of your suggested purchase, what would be the demographic you would be chasing (sounds like family, so wanting to be near schools perhaps….) or is there another idea there (e.g. student accom for a higher rental take, but with more management required, etc, etc).

Knowing where you want to head, and why, are an important start to your IP career. DO let us know what you have in mind so we can maybe add some more meaningful answers.

Benny

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of Benny Benny.
    Profile photo of Razoo121Razoo121
    Participant
    @razoo121

Hi Benny,

Thanks for your reply.
    I was looking at more high yield than capital growth but can be convinced to go the other way.

My preference for my first IP is a house with 4B, 2B and 2 garage on good size block and preferably not an estate just being developed. Good access to transport, shops, schools etc.

From this preference I’m aiming at families, looking for property needing minimal reno or repair.

In the price range I’m looking at need to a little further out, hence looking at Kallangur, Griffin, Mango Hill, plus new train line being built there.

Would welcome any suggestions, hopefully clarifies what I’m looking for.

Thanks

Profile photo of Kylie WalshKylie Walsh
    Participant
    @kylieppi

There are some really good purchases a lot closer to town which will give you higher yield and higher capital growth. All cities have a ripple effect and the closer you are usually the better outcome.

You need to do some due diligence to find what areas are looking for. It is good to be in an area which has a high demand for a certain type of product and then locating that product within the suburb. Maybe even look at dual income properties which will give you a good cash flow.

Kylie Walsh | PPI Investment Advice
    http://ppiinvestmentadvice.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Licensed Property Financial Advisors who provide Tailored Property Advice and Solutions

Profile photo of riparipa
    Participant
    @gregsc1961

Hi razoo,
    Would you be interested in the idea of building new ip’s for as little as cost plus 3%.
    As a property investor this will give you a distinct advantage in the market.
    I live in your area, and have some ideas on how we can achieve this.
    Lets talk.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Ripa

How can this give an investor a distinct advantedge in the market if the price of the land and building is overpriced in the first place.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Participant
    @gregsc1961

Hi richard taylor
    you’re correct. Land is overpriced. Builders are overpriced. And it’s very difficult to get ahead
    as a property investor.
    but I am serious. 3% on the cost price of the land and house.
    That is to say, the builders cost price.
    wouldn’t that set the cat among the pigeons.
    Sceptical? Thats understandable , however, this is a serious concept in early infancy.

Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Ripa

Yes I am sceptical.

As someone who owns a multi million dollar portfolio here in Brisbane and had purchased over 240 homes in Qld over the last 18 years i have seen a lot of scams and shams.

After 13 years of being involved with the forum and helping 100’s of forum members I am always suspicious when a newby pops up and starts offering members such offers.

Perhaps you can enlighten us further as to what your new venture is so all forum members can consider your offering.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Profile photo of RedwoodRedwood
    Participant
    @redwood

Ripa, where do I sign? :D

Perhaps explain a little…otherwise this is self promotion. I notice you have posted it elsewhere too.

Cheers, Ivan

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Profile photo of Redwood Redwood.

Redwood | REDWOOD | SMSF | PROPERTY | FINANCE
    http://redwoodadvisory.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

SMSF - PROPERTY INVESTMENT - WEALTH CREATION AND FINANCE SOLUTIONS

Participant
    @gregsc1961

Hi richard
    you sound like just the person I need to talk too.
    I see that there is some interest already popping up.
    if I can overcome your skepticism, I would then have an invaluable ally.
    my concept is raw, and so am I. however I believe the principle is solid.
    would we be able to meet sometime soon and have a chat?

Participant
    @gregsc1961

Hi redwood
    watch this space mate.
    I’d really like to speak with richard taylor first.

Participant
    @qlds007

Email me the concept Ripa and i can let you know whether i would be interested in a meet / chat.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Participant
    @gregsc1961

Hi richard,
    Thanks for getting back to me.
    I just need to do some groundwork re intellectual property
    rights first.
    I’ll definitely be in touch.
    kind regards
    greg

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.