Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of OllieOllie
    Participant
    @ollie77

Can anybody tell me if there is an insurer that has landlord, home and contents and public liability insurance in one cover or do I have to do individual policies?
    The property is in NSW

Thanks Ollie

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

There are quite a few that offer house and contents and say it’s a landlord policy but you need to read the fine print to be sure you get what you think you do.
    From my past checking it worked out cheaper to get house insurance (which includes public liability and some contents) then get landlord insurance separately.
    NRMA (I think it was) states you have to have the landlord policy if its rented.
    You really need to ring around and compare. It varies a lot, even for different properties. I tried to get all mine under one company but in the end some were cheaper with one company and others cheaper with another. Crazy. I thought having a bank of properties would get me a better deal.

Profile photo of OllieOllie
    Participant
    @ollie77

Thanks Catalyst, I will do the ring around

Just do it
    Participant
    @just-do-it

Ive worked in insurance for the past 7 years. APIA does if you are over 50 and AAMI and GIO do to but all with varying features

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

Does APIA cover rental properties though as it’s tenanted, not you (the over 50 person) living in it?

I never thought of them for investments. I do have my own insurance with them.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hey Ollie

My thoughts are the same as Catalysts – there should be quite a few that offer all three types so you could possibly package up some sort of deal and get a discount.

Shop around though – and also read the PDS!

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Just do it
    Participant
    @just-do-it

Yes Apia have a specific landlord policy. It’s a reasonably new product in the last few years. It actually stacks up quite well with it’s features. Nil excess benefit as well if it’s a rent default claim only.

Profile photo of OllieOllie
    Participant
    @ollie77

Thanks all, yes APIA have the product and was reasonably priced.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.