All Topics / General Property / Flipping houses in Melbourne for under 450k and making 10+% profit.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of WaitNoMoreWaitNoMore
    Participant
    @stefanz

Any advice on locations in Melbourne that I could do quick renno(face lift) and make a profit?
    Id like the property purchase to be under 420-430k so I’ll have 35k to renovate and 20k cash back up.
    I like Footscray West, Airport West and Braybrook. Hard to find in that price range tough.

Any Ideas guys????
    Thanks
    Stefan

Profile photo of itsandrewitsandrew
    Participant
    @itsandrew

A 10% margin seems very tight. How are you calculating that? Wouldn’t take much for it to go wrong.

itsandrew

Go as far as you can see and you will see further.

Profile photo of Corey BattCorey Batt
    Participant
    @cjaysa

A good point, 10% doesn’t leave much room for error, delays, overrun budgets or the ability to negotiate down on price to secure an eventual sale. Just some food for thought.

Corey Batt | Precision Funding
    http://www.precisionfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Investment Focused Finance Strategist - servicing Australia-wide

Profile photo of WaitNoMoreWaitNoMore
    Participant
    @stefanz

10% is min profit I pay myself, I’m going by the 135% rule from Steve’s book. So basically I add 35% on to the sale price of the property to see if feasible.
    If prop is $420000 then resale needs to be about $567000 leaving me with 12% approx. $50400. The 135% covers all costs including my fee of 12%.
    Sorry I didn’t explain myself.
    Thanks
    Stefan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.