All Topics / Heads Up! / Derek Gehl Internet Mastermind 2013 –

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)
  • Profile photo of rusty05rusty05
    @rusty05

Anyone going? 

Considering the Sydney session on 17th March. Has anyone had experience listening to Derek? I'd be interested to hear others' thoughts. 

Rusty

Profile photo of rusty05rusty05
    @rusty05

… currently $89.00 for 2 tickets.

Profile photo of dlsstooshoes2dlsstooshoes2
    Participant
    @dlsstooshoes2

yes going and saw him talk in Melbourne at the conference, well worth it

Profile photo of matthewhornematthewhorne
    Participant
    @matthewhorne

I'll be going to the Brisbane event, I mean it's no harm in going, and I'm sure you can at least get a system to create some extra cash. This is exactly what I am after so very excited in learning what he's teaching.

Profile photo of FreckleFreckle
    Blocked
    @freckle

Systems are easy… finding something to sell that somebody wants is the challenge. The alternative to selling is developing a site with sufficient traffic to drive advertising revenue. 

$90 to find out that the odds of becoming the next inet mogul is next to zero is probably worth it. I've had more expensive hangovers.

@rusty05

I like your thinking Freckle. It's more the 2.5 hr drive each way that I'm contemplating. Maybe I should just get drunk instead??

Profile photo of KatJKatJ
    Participant
    @katj

I signed up for Derek's training last year and it is fantastic! Happy for the skeptics to stay away though, keeps the competition lower for the rest of us :) 

Profile photo of JpcashflowJpcashflow
    Participant
    @jpcashflow

Hi guys

this guy is a master at his craft, but more importantly  you will get to meet like minded people at this event an for 80 bucks not bad at all. Spend 80 bucks on foxtel or  spend 80 bucks and you 

might learn ssome thing new, meet new people and  maybe creates a opportunity 

Just before you go to this session, on a note pad  write what you are hoping to achieve ffrom the event, are you prepared to take action from any advice but more importantly will this event help you in any way to achieve your ffinial goal 

Jpcashflow | JP Financial Group
    http://www.jpfinancialgroup.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Your first port of call in finance :)

Profile photo of gags327gags327
    Participant
    @gags327

I am still undecided weather to attend or not. I would be interested in hearing of other people’s results that are doing his course from the seminar last year. I have had some experience in online business with some small success but found it very time consuming. I believe with the above comments in that you need to find a good idea and be able to spend a lot of time on that idea.

Blocked
    @freckle
    gags327 wrote:
    I am still undecided weather to attend or not. I would be interested in hearing of other people's results that are doing his course from the seminar last year.

This is how I do this sort of thing. If I run onto or look at a new business venture I assess the business opportunity on its own merits such as start up costs, expertise/skills required, market size, competition, regulation, margin, etc etc. That indicates if its at least feasible. If someone else can do it I assume I can too. 

If I like what I see I look for successful examples in the marketplace and study them for business model, market share, differentiation etc. I'm also interested in poor performers. Why are they struggling? Under capitalised, lack of expertise, product/service demand and so on. It's just as important to understand what works as well as what doesn't.

At some stage I'll either kill or put the idea to the test. For every business I take on I probably assess at least 10.

Quote:
    I have had some experience in online business with some small success but found it very time consuming. I believe with the above comments in that you need to find a good idea and be able to spend a lot of time on that idea.

Starting a business is hard. You need sufficient capital to get to breakeven, a proven business model (or slight variation on a theme) and most of all determination and stickability. 

Gehl sells punters an online model and teaches/coaches the key components of that model. The model has been around since the late 90's with only a few refinements. Most of the change has come in terms of tools to execute promotion and marketing strategy along with cheaper and easy to use tech tools like site builders.

What most don't realise is you either have it or you don't. Most think they do but soon find out it's much harder and requires much more than they are socially, psychologically and physically capable of giving. The success rate for online business is much lower than the offline world and that's 80% die within 2 years. Have a look at how many online businesses there are and then look at how many successful ones there are. It's less than 1%. In fact it 1% of 1%.

If you're at the bottom of the learning curve or want to start a business you have to start somewhere.  

Profile photo of jmsracheljmsrachel
    Participant
    @jmsrachel

Very well said freckle. People don’t realise what it takes to run a business especially online. So much competition, It’s not surprising the high number that fail.

There’s nothing to lose by going to see Derek, like freckle said you have to start somewhere.

@rusty05

Thanks everyone for your interesting comments,

I might go just to check it out. PM me if you wanna go half in 2 tickets! – Tight hey :)

Rusty

Profile photo of Red FeatherRed Feather
    Participant
    @red-feather

I will be at the Sydney event. 2+ hour drive for me, too plus I have a 14 week old baby in tow so bringing the other half to assist with babysitting throughout the day. Big effort so really hoping the session is worthwhile.

I got the impression the focus of the day is to develop a passive stream of income from a website, a bit like one of those "e-book sales" sites on common health problems and things like that. Have I misunderstood?

There is a similar sounding event being run by Sean Roach but tickets are free. It is touring Australia later this month. If anyone is interested I can post the link…

Blocked
    @freckle
    Red Feather wrote:
    I will be at the Sydney event. 2+ hour drive for me, too plus I have a 14 week old baby in tow so bringing the other half to assist with babysitting throughout the day. Big effort so really hoping the session is worthwhile.

In less time that it will take you to drive there and back I could assemble all the knowledge (and more) he will attempt to impart and all the software tools I need to get started.

Quote:
    I got the impression the focus of the day is to develop a passive stream of income from a website, a bit like one of those "e-book sales" sites on common health problems and things like that. Have I misunderstood?

Online businesses are anything but passive. They require huge amounts of work and commitment up front and continual tweaking, modification, testing and assessment to remain even remotely viable.

Quote:
    There is a similar sounding event being run by Sean Roach but tickets are free. It is touring Australia later this month. If anyone is interested I can post the link…

Self anointed internet gurus are a dime a dozen. They all operate out of the same playbook.

The focus of these little tours is not to help you become the next best online retailer. It's to develop you as a customer for more seminars and other associated digital products. 

The point is that if you can't figure out the simple stuff like this on your own with your own resources then your unlikely to achieve anything substantial yourself. The successful innovative people out there are driven self learners. You have to be able to develop self learning skills. You can't run off to a seminar every time you run into a knowledge/skill roadblock.

@rusty05

So where do I sign for your seminars Freckle??

Blocked
    @freckle
    rusty05 wrote:
    So where do I sign for your seminars Freckle??

I'd feel bad taking your money when you can get what you want for niks.

There's a 24/7 seminar called the World Wide Web. It's mostly free

@rusty05

And all accurate!

Blocked
    @freckle
    rusty05 wrote:
    And all accurate!

It's pretty straight forward stuff. There's a million forums on the web based around how to be an net wizkid. You soon learn how to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Profile photo of Paul DobsonPaul Dobson
    Participant
    @pauldobson

There's no doubt about it, it's all there on the world wide web and it is free ;-)  But sometimes you don't know what you don't know and trawling the web can feel like going around in circles.

Derek has a very systematic and easy to follow online course to take you from newbie to a reasonable level of competence.  As with most courses these days, you will find all the content on the www for free but do you know what you need to search out?

Freckle it's obviously time for the Freckle Course  :-)

Cheers,  Paul

Paul Dobson | Vendor Finance Institute
    http://www.vendorfinanceinstitute.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

An alternative way to finance your home.

Blocked
    @freckle

If I ran a small business course nobody would turn up. If I ran an internet business course I'd sell out with out too many problems. People think the internet is the answer to their problems. The reality is it distracts from the real issues in running a business. It's the "Get rich quick" mindset. The internet is a tool. That's all it is. Gehl teaches a particulate selling and marketing strategy. Basically the inet hard sell. A rollover from direct marketing which is well over 100 years old. It's about 1% of what you need to know and in most businesses is barely applicable.

I learnt it in the mid 80's working for AMP selling financial products. The day I left that place was the last day I ever used that approach in business ever again.

But like I said if you know sweet ….. all then you have to start somewhere. I can think of better places though.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.