All Topics / Overseas Deals / TEXAS VS FLORIDA An Example of different US Property Markets

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Profile photo of sundirtwatersundirtwater
    Participant
    @sundirtwater

The 14% return assumes you can get financing on it that is similar to what an American can obtain (ie. <5%, fixed for 30yrs with 20% deposit) but I can't see any way that an Australian can access that type of financing.

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

We deal in commercial property in Florida and that can include apartment complexes. Now for this type of property we can obtain finance at around 60% with rates around 5%. This sort of funding is non recourse and is now readily available on commercial property. Now I am currently checking what can be done on straight residential finance. But around 4 apartments in a block is considered commercial. 

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of CheevesFinancialCheevesFinancial
    Participant
    @cheevesfinancial

SunDirtWater:  Correct.  The cash on cash return would be surplus after debt and expenses.  Australians or foreigners for that matter won't get rates in the 5's….

CheevesFinancial | Cushman & Wakefield - Commercial Property SW FL
    http://www.CommercialRealEstateVoice.com
    Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of jayhinrichsjayhinrichs
    Participant
    @jayhinrichs

Nigel

4 units and under in a block is not commercial,  5 units and up is commercial 

Profile photo of daniel vicdaniel vic
    Participant
    @daniel-vic

What do you guys expect to pay for entry level USA Investing would you need to go over or can do from gground 

has any one been buying latly ?  Does Any one think its still great ttime thanks people

Participant
    @nigel-kibel

Hi Daniel

I am going back to the States on Thursday

You can buy without going there however I would always recommend that you do go over at least once. The reason being is that you want to know who you are dealing with. At the end of the day its your money if you buy blindly you may be in for a disappointment. Do your due diligence carefully on who you are dealing with. There are a number of suppliers who have never been to America and have never met the suppliers. In some cases the so called wholesalers are not located in the city where they are sourcing property.

Also do not buy through real estate agents sight unseen you may be for a rude shock with what you end up with

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of daniel vicdaniel vic
    Participant
    @daniel-vic

I was leaning towards that have you heard much about us invest they seem ok ?

Profile photo of FreckleFreckle
    Blocked
    @freckle
    daniel vic wrote:
    I was leaning towards that have you heard much about us invest they seem ok ?

There's extensive discussion on all things US here including many of the RE players both good and bad. You need to use the search function and go through those threads to appraise yourself of a wide range of issues and knowledge they can reveal.

At the moment the US market would eat you for breakfast. There's plenty of war stories here from those who went before you and thought they had it all figured out.

Profile photo of robertcrookrobertcrook
    @robertcrook

Thanks for the info Nigel. I agree Texas wins in renting and buying property vs Florida. However, listening to the different news, I found that home prices have become very high in Texas and investors are now taking more interest in Florida properties too.  

Although developers like Leonard Albanese have shared on his LinkedIn profile that the real estate market in both these cities  are continuing to attract foreign investors due to its less mortgage rate and with great potential capital growth. I also agree that as we compare the property returns between both these cities, Florida becomes a clear winner.

Participant
    @nigel-kibel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-WIcFJkrrs

The above webinar talks about where we feel the Florida market is going in the next 12 months

Email Me | Phone Me

Viewing 10 posts - 21 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.