All Topics / General Property / What Inspires You?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

I had a magazine ask me to answer the question of ‘What Inspires Me & Why’, and here was my response:

“I’m inspired when I see someone set a goal, and then show the courage needed to ‘have a go’.

It might be the child learning to walk. The student studying something new. An athlete in the race. An investor applying their knowledge.

The world is full of people who squish vision, who are quick to tell you why something won’t work, and who reel off a dozen reasons why you shouldn’t even try.

Yet these same ‘glass half empty’ people bemoan their lack of opportunity, and how it is ‘the other person’ who seems to get the lucky break.

So, when times get tough, or if you’re looking for the leg up needed to keep going, remember these words from Ray Kroc, founder of McDonalds – ‘Be Daring. Be Different. Be First.’”

Now let me aski you… what inspires you and why?

– Steve

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Couldn't have said it better myself – nice one Steve smiley

In answer to the question…

Not inspired by people that sit around whining "I wish I could do this or be that" without doing things towards figuring out how, and then getting on with it.  Nothing better than seeing someone decide "I'm doing this, and I will learn more things about it each day, and take the steps I can at the appropriate time towards the goal, until it's done.  Don't know entirely right know how I will get there, but come hell or high water, I will make it happen!"

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of matthewhornematthewhorne
    Participant
    @matthewhorne

Great points JacM. It's very encouraging to hear such positivity and drive. As Steve said there are too many "half glass empty" people telling us that our dreams won't become true. I love these people, because they help me to strive further and dig deeper each and every day.

What helps me when I find that I may struggle is the thought of, "These people who criticize me now will be wondering how I got so lucky in the years to come, and I will know exactly how, through the seeds I sew today, and that isn't luck."

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

I agree Steve. My first thought when I read your title was "those that have a go".

I've met some amazing "ordinary" people that have just got of their behind and had a go.

I've always been a bit of a procrastinator. Meeting people like this gives me a wakeup call to get moving.

Pity it took me so long. In the last 5 years I've achieved more (financially) than in the rest of my life. Purely motivated by seeing others "do it". People that get there even when things get in their way. People with the right attitude to make it work.

And as you mentioned it's not all about investing. I see my kids and other young people embrace life, take the bull by the horns and get out there. I teach young children and they inspire me too. I see 5 year olds doing amazing things that I would never have dreamed of attempting when I was even an older child. They are the leaders of tomorrow.

Profile photo of JLtarraJLtarra
    Participant
    @jltarra

I agree with all above.

Short answer is:   Someone that doesn't lose focus of their goals and ends up achieving all they set out to and more!.

Elite sports people inspire me, I think most that succeed in their field are able to succeed in what ever they set their mind to!

Kids!!!

Watching a kid ride their bike without training wheels for the first time.

Watching Kids learning their ABCs , then b4 long reading books.

Great Post Steve!!

Profile photo of itsandrewitsandrew
    Participant
    @itsandrew

I'm inspired by people facing adversity who push to overcome no matter what confronts them.  For me the endurance and resilience of the human spirit is something spectacular to see.  It always involves courage and determination and that really speaks to me.

itsandrew

Go as far as you can see and you will see further.

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

I am inspired by people who set their goals and always achieve it no matter how many challenges they face by doing it I am also inspired by people who never give up and can learn from their own mistakes. 

Profile photo of hermelindahermelinda
    @hermelinda

I agree with all of you.

According to my mind I Inspire only by make a good investment.

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a

I'm inspired by people who have generated success from humble beginnings, people who have also created a lifestyle that they have targeted, so often not the most money but the most 'freedom' and 'happiness', lifestyle by design.

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

Thank you Steve for such a positive  thread.

Firstly, my parents. They had the courage to do things in the area of property investment when it was not in vogue. That is, before the internet. They had to learn by their mistakes. Thanks for teaching the kids (us) how to do all that stuff at the dinner table and on trips in the car. 

Second, Mr Warren Buffett. I must have read "Snowball" 20 times. The amount of research done is a true inspiration. 

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of mick64mick64
    Participant
    @mick64

My Family………………and the want to spend as much time with them as possible!

Profile photo of Gazza21Gazza21
    Participant
    @gazza21

Arnold Scwarzenneger.

I've never been a massive fan of his movies but after reading his book 'totall recall' you can't be anything but inspired by the things he's achieved over the years. Every new year he would write down goals and then pursue them tirelessly. Any normal person would feel successful if they accomplished even one of the below;

Bodybuilding champion. 7 times Mr Olympia – a record that remains unbeaten

Successful property investor/developer

Successful businessman (became a millionaire before the movies)

Author of 6 books

Owned a 747 jet that he leased back to an airline

HIghest grossing hollywood action star making hundreds of millions

Becoming state governor of California

And there's a hell of a lot more than that above including charity work and visiting the armed forces in Iraq and in hospitals etc. Anyone who thinks they work hard might not be so sure if they read his book. It's a shame he fathered the love child and his marriage broke up.

There's more to him than I ever imagined. The books definitely worth a read.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.