All Topics / General Property / QLD has quiently changed the law so they own ALL land to evenutally end Australian’s property rights.

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of Boshy888Boshy888
    Participant
    @boshy888

Has anyone else heard about the changes to the law relating to land ownership that now makes all land in QLD the property of the government – over and above private ownership? 

To change this law they first had to move the Governor General's position 'sideways' so he/she now works for the government and pretty much rubber stamps whatever their told to do.  Where before the Governor General's responsibility was to check that nothing in the document conflicted with our constitution prior to rubber stamping it in order to protect citizen's rights.

They are also working on doing the same thing with the law in every state of Australia.  Apparently doing this is reputed to be unlawful as it should have gone to a referendum. 

I heard about this by watching a taped meeting that was held at Inverell and attended by people who were very concerned about the long term issues that could arise from this legislation.  E.g. if the Government borrows heavily and cannot repay their debt, their assets can be siezed by the lender country.  Government assets that now include our land, goods and chattels. This is just one example. There was also mention of the Agenda 21 document which is working towards the same thing worldwide.

The meeting can be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF9O-WOEIy8&feature=relmfu and there are about 4 separate videos that cover the whole meeting. The first five minutes or so have a man talking that is boring.  A woman then comes on who talks for the remaining time and the video becomes increasingly interesting in part 2 to part 4. She appears to have done quite a bit of research on this topic.

For those in this forum who are more knowledgeable about property and law what your take is on this?

Thanks

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

NEver heard of it.

What law was changed? Sounds like a conspiracy theory to me.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of fWordfWord
    Participant
    @fword

If this does occur, and that's a big 'if', does that mean that land will eventually be purchased on a lease hold basis? I've seen this happen in another country, except they didn't 'quietly' change a law. It's probably been that way since day one.

Profile photo of xdrewxdrew
    Participant
    @xdrew

If you really delve into it .. there is only a grant of title on your property anyway.

The piece of paper or registry at the titles office just remains an acceptance of title as granted by the crown and the local land act as applicable. So if you wanted to play semantics .. the government run under the queen has always had the final word on whether you actually own the title of land you hold as purchased.

What they probably changed (without looking at the specifics) would be the reference to the queen or governer general as representative of the queen having anything to do with the grant of title. Instead of a royal intermediary issuing the grant .. you'd now be looking at the government being the issuing body to distribute grants and leases of title.

Its really the difference between a monarchial aspect and a republican aspect to the same procedure.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Dang Republicans.

Profile photo of Roberthb2001Roberthb2001
    Participant
    @roberthb2001

One point of clarification – if there has been a change in the statute covering land management in Queensland, it would be on the Queensland parliamentary website and other websites (QLD statutes Online and a non profit group), not to mention it would have recived coverage in the tabloid media by now.

Just as a point of interest – the last update of Queensland's Land Act 1994 was March 2012 and the land Regulation 2009 was Feb 2012, prio to the state election.

In the strictest meaning of property rights in Australia (which is derived from English sources) the term real estate is actually derived from the Spanish meaning for 'royal', not 'physical' in the modern (ie 20th century meaning).  That is why landowners pay rates and need licences for water and mineral extraction and the like.  Land management is under the purview of state, not federal, governments – so the Governor General and the federal government has no direct right to interfere in land management (outside of certain circumstances pertaining to envrionmental circumstances).  Mind you – this is ioverly simplistic and non-lawyer, others will be able to provide more detailed legal opinions than I would.

Profile photo of YossarianYossarian
    @yossarian
    Boshy888 wrote:
    Has anyone else heard about the changes to the law relating to land ownership that now makes all land in QLD the property of the government – over and above private ownership? 

To change this law they first had to move the Governor General's position 'sideways' so he/she now works for the government and pretty much rubber stamps whatever their told to do.  Where before the Governor General's responsibility was to check that nothing in the document conflicted with our constitution prior to rubber stamping it in order to protect citizen's rights.

They are also working on doing the same thing with the law in every state of Australia.  Apparently doing this is reputed to be unlawful as it should have gone to a referendum. 

I heard about this by watching a taped meeting that was held at Inverell and attended by people who were very concerned about the long term issues that could arise from this legislation.  E.g. if the Government borrows heavily and cannot repay their debt, their assets can be siezed by the lender country.  Government assets that now include our land, goods and chattels. This is just one example. There was also mention of the Agenda 21 document which is working towards the same thing worldwide.

The meeting can be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF9O-WOEIy8&feature=relmfu and there are about 4 separate videos that cover the whole meeting. The first five minutes or so have a man talking that is boring.  A woman then comes on who talks for the remaining time and the video becomes increasingly interesting in part 2 to part 4. She appears to have done quite a bit of research on this topic.

For those in this forum who are more knowledgeable about property and law what your take is on this?

Thanks

It’s a conspiracy theory postulated and perpetuated by nutjobs.

Apparently.

Profile photo of simplesimple
    Participant
    @simple

Guys, correct me if I am wrong – I am just an recent import! But last time I sat to lessen to Australian law it was stated that:
    – You cannot own land in Australia, you just purchase 'open ended lease'. You own the right to occupy this block of land indefinitely until it requested back by Government.
    – You pay rates, that is sort of 'rent' on the land you claim you have the right to occupy?
    – You cannot mine minerals/resources as you do not OWN land, it still belong to Australia

Profile photo of bardonbardon
    Participant
    @bardon
    Yossarian wrote:
    It’s a conspiracy theory postulated and perpetuated by nutjobs.

Apparently.

Frecking hilarious.

Profile photo of yourokcpropertyyourokcproperty
    @yourokcproperty

In the strictest meaning of property rights in Australia (which is derived from English sources) the term real estate is actually derived from the Spanish meaning for 'royal', not 'physical' in the modern

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.