All Topics / Finance / Fixed Interest Rates

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Dan42Dan42
    @dan42

CBA have lowered fixed rates to 5.99% for three years. Other banks are at similar levels.

I was wondering what the forum thought of fixing now. Would you take the 5.99%, or would you wait a little while longer, to see if fixed rates get to, perhaps, the mid 5's?

Profile photo of itsandrewitsandrew
    Participant
    @itsandrew

I've never really followed fixed rates because I like the flexibility of variable rates.  General question, are they as sensitive to movements by the RBA as standard variable rates?  FWIW inflation is lower than expected and the budget isn't overly expansionary so I don't see any immediate pressure on the RBA to raise interest rates.

itsandrew

Go as far as you can see and you will see further.

Profile photo of xdrewxdrew
    Participant
    @xdrew

The question Dan42 that you should be asking is ..

Does it make the existing investment idea that I want to achieve .. more successful?

You cannot possibly predict which way the wind blows on interest rates. However .. both historically and in recent times .. the interest rates are exceptionally low.

If you find a project .. an investment .. a means to get your money moving better with the current rates then by all means take full advantage of it. Dont sit on the sidelines waiting for the train wheels to fall off the economy. Because that remains the most unlikely of the future scenarios.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.