All Topics / General Property / Its all about Loch Sport! VIC

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Profile photo of octainoctain
    Participant
    @octain

Just brought a block of land in Loch sport Victoria. Got on to it though a few investors I know. I believe this is one of victorias best kept secrets.

They say location location location well that is loch sport. Located on 90mile beach to one side loch sport also backs on to lake victoria meaning wether you like the surf or fish or ski this is the place to be.

Houses starting from 125k in the lower lying areas something decent with 3 or 4 bedroom can go below 200k. Loch sport is located about 1/2 drive from sale. It is on a pernisular and there for is little known township of 1000 people.

My main drive for buying there was to capitalise on the ageing population loch sport has an older population and would be excellent for retirement due to its location.

anything along 90 mile beach is still unbelievably cheap. 3 hours from melbourne being on the eastern side of australia means that the waters are much walmer then areas like torque an lorne.

There is very little or no employment in loch sport and most people are self employed so buying to rent a place is almost impossible thou there is alot of holiday rental houses that seem to do pretty well. Loch sport is a place for capital growth sit on it for 20 years and listen to people complain to you how they wish they had of brought there 20 years ago.

loch sport current doesn’t have water or sewage available and is the largest unsewed town in vic. However there has been numerous studies about it. After speaking with east gippsland water it sounds like it won’t be long before an announcement is made about it. Speaking to the local RE’s they believe this will be a big driver on price.

this is what I brought. Hopefully passing on this info will help other investors as I was told myself.
    http://www.realestate.com.au/property-residential+land-vic-loch+sport-2675476

Profile photo of maree_bradrossmaree_bradross
    @maree_bradross

congratulations – have they got the mozzie problem under control?

Profile photo of octainoctain
    Participant
    @octain

ive been up there couple of times last time I was there.there were no mozzies but that was 2 months ago in winter. I believe they have been spraying them with alot of success.Ive been there in summer when they claim they are heaps. I didn’t acutally think it was that bad!

Profile photo of Luke007Luke007
    Participant
    @luke007

Hi All,

Loch Sport has been granted $40 million by the state government for sewerage infrastructure. Work starts in 2012. Woo Hoo!
    http://sale.yourguide.com.au/news/local/news/general/loch-sport-wins-sewerage-funds/1940109.aspx

Seaspray (Loch Sports distant neighbour) recently had the same sewerage system installed and blocks of land are now selling for 100k plus! Loch Sport is much nicer so prices are sure to jump!

Octain, you bought at the right time and it's a great block. Nice view to. You got a good deal!

My block is right near the Marina, it's a super location but no water view.  I've had it for 6 years now.  Have been waiting for sewerage before building my holiday house (like loads of other people). I think there will be a mini building boom haha.

Profile photo of octainoctain
    Participant
    @octain

Luke wow excellent post didn’t know about that. Funny thing was the block contract only went unconditional friday so just in time lol.

Yeh that the only downer where right out the back of town if we didn’t buy in pelican for the view definately would have gone down by the marina prices are heaps higher there thou. I think your right there will be a massive housing boom. hopefully they develop this main st project their talking about. Loch sport needs a main st.

Participant
    @luke007

Wow, you just scrapped in. Good stuff!

You're right, the shopping strip needs more development. I expect things will change over the next few years and after the sewerage system is installed. 

The council is also planning to build a commmunity centre (like the one at Rosedale). It's in a good location and will be close to the shopping strip. It's a few years away tho.

Profile photo of MarJacMarJac
    @marjac

Loch Sport & the Gipplands Lakes in general are great and the new sewage plant in Loch Sport will only add to the popularity.

However as with most Victorian Coastal areas there is an Inundation Overlay, due to the predicted rise in sea levels, and would be weary of exactly where to purchase in these Coastal areas and particualrly note possible additional building requirements and extra costs etc 

Participant
    @luke007

Construction on the Loch Sport sewerage scheme has now commenced. Before long the town wll be fully sewered. http://www.gippswater.com.au/SearchResults.aspx?Search=loch+sport. With so much demand for services, much needed commercial development will start soon after.

The council is also going to build a community and health centre similar to the one in Rosedale which is architectually designed and very modern. See attached link and scroll down to rosedale community centre…http://www.gha.net.au/cghs/viewinfopage.asp?id=136

They also have plans to develop the town centre once the sewerage system is fully installed.

These new developments will really take loch sport to a new level.

Profile photo of fWordfWord
    Participant
    @fword

Very interesting to read about this. I remember Loch Sport vaguely when stopping there for a toilet break on the way down to Venus Bay. There was a well-drawn mural on the outside of those toilets, which I did photograph. It was a quiet and little town.

Profile photo of GraceGrace
    Participant
    @rubydude

In approx two or so years I plan on retiring to Lock Sport. My question is would it be better to buy a block and have a kit home built or buy an existing home and renovate.
    Any thoughts. Thanks.

Profile photo of RedwoodRedwood
    Participant
    @redwood

Hi there – agree with the OP a great place to live but not to invest. The area has seen limited or negative capital growth in the last 5 years. My favourite is Meetung – a small fishing village 5 min drive from lakes entrance. This place is great but fallen 5% in value in last 5 years.

Buying a block of land should be cheap, me i’d go for a large piece of land and get a local builder to build. Ensure all services are connected. This area has some of the cheapest land in VIC which is amazing…..

I’d buy there but I bought in Phillip island 15 years ago which is my ‘holiday’ investment
    Cheers Ivan

Redwood | REDWOOD | SMSF | PROPERTY | FINANCE
    http://redwoodadvisory.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

SMSF - PROPERTY INVESTMENT - WEALTH CREATION AND FINANCE SOLUTIONS

Profile photo of StixStix
    Participant
    @dral1972

Gday my wife and I just bought a house in loch sport the people r friendly and a great place to live. The sewerage is threw won’t belong until town water is threw. I’m so excited I can’t wait until this town goes ahead its going to b great in the future. Great fishing, great for for water sports,and just to relax I think its a great investment when I was there its was nice and hot weather 19/11/2016. People say the mozzies r bad but when I was there they weren’t bad at all actually there r more mozzies in rosebud where I live now. Enjoy my name us Stix so when your in the area I hope to c all the invested.

Participant
    @luke007

An update on Loch Sport. Since the completion of the sewerage system in late 2015, the area has gone from strength to strength with a new skate park, recreation play area, 250k on foreshore upgrades and a new pavilion. Works have commenced on a new town centre with the old supermarket/buildings to be demolished and replaced with a foodworks, cafe, corner park and more shops. A pharmacy has also opened up. The marina has a new owner and has been upgraded to include a chef and gourmet food. The median house price has jumped 85k since 2016 and is still climbing. Builders are flat out with work. The median price could easily jump another 80k after the shops are built. Food trucks and markets now frequent loch sport helping to create a relaxed coastal lifestyle. Loch Sport is transforming into a lovely town, with more projects under consideration. I will update again the future.

Profile photo of bmphilipbmphilip
    Participant
    @bmphilip

Hi all, I am intending to buy a residential lot in Wallaby Road for a holiday home. Is there any flooding or other overlay(fire) issues with this street?? Heard that the town is still depending on Rainwater harvesting and the has sewer and gas. How does the sewer network work without proper water supply? Is there any plans for bringing potable water to town in the near future?? What tank capacities and treatment process does the residents adopt on existing tank water??

Participant
    @luke007

Hi, wallaby rd is affected by fire and flood overlays. I suggest speaking to the council and gippsland water for more info. You will need to install a sewerage system to connect to the main sewer. It will cost approx 10k. Tank water is the only source of water and is sufficient for your needs if you have the right sized tank. A new foodworks has been built and the old shops are being demolished for new shops and an apartment development above them. It looks nice. The town is progressing very nicely. Its a great place to holiday. Good luck with your purchase. Sometimes buying an existing house is cheaper than building a new one due to the council requirements. Find yourself a cheapie  house and give it a lick of paint and put your feet up! Happy holidays!

Profile photo of bmphilipbmphilip
    Participant
    @bmphilip

Thanks Luke, Much appreciate your response. I ‘ll be speaking to the council before making a decision.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.