All Topics / Value Adding / how much did you spend renovating your bathroom?

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Profile photo of NucopiaNucopia
    @nucopia

Nice one
    Now can you tell us the name of the clearance center PLEASE
    much appreciate it cheers

Profile photo of hleunghleung
    Participant
    @hleung

I appear to have spent more than anyone else on this forum in renovating our bathroom and toilet but it was well worth it.  I could have scrounged around for cheaper materials, read books, got the cheapest quotes from electricians, plumbers etc, gone to handyman courses.  Instead I got topic quality fittings, tiled to the ceiling, hired the best tradesmen around and am very happy with the result even if it did cost me $24,000. 

As an investor, I  like to concentrate on more important things like negotiating a great deal, getting the best finance possible, buying in the best area possible and making sure that I've got the correct legal structure.  I hate getting my hands dirty so like to leave it to the experts.   Most of my handyman jobs have been a disaster so won't attempt them any more.

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

Local builder renovated a few of our motel bathrooms recently in Wagga, total ripout, jackhammered floor, tiled to ceiling with narrow pebbly decorative strip, , kept ceiling, new cornice, new ceramic top 900mm legless wall mounted vanity, mirror, 2 lights, fan light, full loo, soft closing stuff, no hob fixed glass, everything solid, 2 towel rails, robe hooks, $8,700. Looks great.
    Cheers
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

On a positive note – this spam just resurfaced an old thread that comes in handy for me :-) We’re just finishing off the design for a PPOR bathroom reno so good to get an idea of how much it can cost. I doubt I’ll get any change from $20k :-(

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of jmsracheljmsrachel
    Participant
    @jmsrachel

Wow $20k! For that price I can renovate your bathroom and send you on a trip to Europe. You need to get into DIY Jamie!

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Wow $20k! For that price I can renovate your bathroom and send you on a trip to Europe. You need to get into DIY Jamie!

Haha – that’s the problem, I’m not the handiest guy and my time is probably better spent with a calculator rather than a hammer.

I’ll actually be in Europe while it’s being renovated :-)

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.