All Topics / Help Needed! / Tips & help needed removing a glass splashback & kitchen..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of SaimaQSaimaQ
    @saimaq

Hi all,

I am buying a kitchen through trading post which is in great condition, has granite tops and glass splash back..(see Pic) while i may be fine (if i take extra care) with cabinets etc.. but am not feeling very confident about the glass splashback as i have no idea if it is possible to reuse these or how to remove it…. is there anyone who have dismantle and reused a kitchen who can help? or may be a handyman who can help me out..

All tips will be welcome as I realy like this kitchen and its great value/saving for money which i can surely use in another area of my renovations which by the way are on my IP in wonderfull Wallan offcourse  :-)

All comments welcome..

Thankyou
    Saima

Profile photo of lobolobo
    @lobo

Hello Saima

i have done this and it turned out to be a feasible job. I bought a kitchen off Ebay for $2000 with appliances from the eastern suburbs of sydney. I used a tradie for some confidence but belive its a rather not too complicated job provided you do not change the layout. Take it and put it back in the same shape as you find it.

Take photgraphs, write numbers on all doors and shelves and then move it and set it up. I can give you the contact details of the tradie who helped me do this job if you wish, …

lobo

Profile photo of SaimaQSaimaQ
    @saimaq

Hi lobo,
    Thanks for the tip to number all doors si i know where it is suppose to go when its time to put the puzzle back together..
    Are u in sydney? We r in Melbourne and if u have a tradie here who will be able to help, i will greatly appriciate the details.

And what abt the glass splashback is it  easy to remove? i was thinking of contacting a kitchen comp for advice maybe.

i am planning this reno to be at minimum cost but the best outcome so i am doing a lot of search via trading post, ebay and secondhand reno stores.. do u know any good places i should look?

Once again i appriciate the reply
    Thanks
    Sima.

@lobo

hello

i have no tradie contacts there but i am confident that you can do this yourself as it is really a remove and reassemble job. However for the tiling, splashback you will need some professional if you are not too confident yourself. Also dont forget the plumbling and electricals, I did both of them my self except for the Gas and some water pipe brazing. So all in all you may still need a tradie …I have no contacts out there in Melbourne .. sorry

@lobo

oops forgot about the splash … i ditched the tiles and got them done again as tiles are cheap $15 to $30 per sqm and you dont need more than 3-6 sqm

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.