All Topics / Opinionated! / WARNING! Empowernet Advanced Real Estate Mastery

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 52 total)
  • Profile photo of amoramor
    Participant
    @amor

I have just finished the 5 day real estate mastery seminar in melbourne nov 9th -14th with the company called Empowernet! i urge everyone to STAY AWAY from this company. The whole course was intended to manipulate it's participants to BUY their property even though there was great content, it was a totally negative experience and very unprofessional. Has anyone had contact with this comany? Has anyone heard of Steven Molnar? He was teh presenter. I have googled him and found referennces to his past involvement with Henry Kaye. I would love to hear from anyone knows anything about empowernet or steven molnar or playground constructions.

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

Anything that has the terms "mastery", or "empower" attached to it is a dead give away for a start.

Thanks for the heads-up though.

Have you sent this info on to Neil Jenman?

http://www.jenman.com.au/

He loves exposing these guys.

Profile photo of RVPRVP
    @rvp

Thanks Amor for the info greatly appreciated

Profile photo of NoGuruNoGuru
    @noguru

I also attended the seminar and I get the impression that they are just a bunch of property spruikers. The properties offered seemed very expensive. I have heard a whisper that Henry Kaye is behind the whole thing. it makes sense because there are a number of his previous guys involved in this venture. There are links online about his connection with Empowernet. There are also strong links between him and the director of Playground. I attended some of the old NII seminars and the content seems very similar. Basically the strategy seems to be to suck punters into a educational program then upsell them into expensive properties. This time round, it appears they have gotten hold of the Empowernet/Robbins database. A potent combination. I am sure there will be a lot of tears. Is ASIC following this??

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

What did it cost for the 5 day seminar?

Profile photo of kokjhoonwongkokjhoonwong
    @kokjhoonwong

Nice to see that you are back Xenia.

Profile photo of propertypowerpropertypower
    @propertypower

I attended their 2 day free Real Estate Mastery program where they were selling tickets for Advanced Real Estate Mastery for $4,850.

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

Thanks KJ :)

I didn't attend this seminar but have been to similar ones in the past where there is an upsell at the end, it's just a fact of life that people give up their time if they are going to try and sell something at the end or get paid for doing the seminar!. I'm sure there would have been alot of useful information in the preceeding 5 days that were free.

There have been times where I have chosen to do further courses, buy books, CD's etc because it suited whatever personal or professional development I was after at that time and there have been times where I have chosen not to because it was not for me at that particular time. In either case, I walked away with more knowledge than having not attended the seminars.

Success in life comes from focusing on the positive and there are positives in almost any situation!

Profile photo of ReneeshenReneeshen
    @reneeshen

Hi there Amor,

I know this is a little late but I attended the free 2 day seminar in melbourne and I found their information to be useful, however there is always a hard sell at the end of ewach segment.  I never went to the 5 day seminar, however if it was as much of a hard sell as the 2 day seminar was, then I do think it may have been disappointing.

a question I have is…. I remember how they were trying to get people to come along and buy properties with them and get them at wholesale price, and do Steven and Michael Burnett get a commission for each property they sell?  Because if they do then it's a definite stay away for me!

Profile photo of ReneeshenReneeshen
    @reneeshen

just branching off a bit from the topic….has anyone been to the tony robbins upw, wealth mastery or date with destiny programs?  And if so, what is your opinion on his programs as empowernet works alongside the tony robbins companies.

Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie
    Reneeshen wrote:
    just branching off a bit from the topic….has anyone been to the tony robbins upw, wealth mastery or date with destiny programs?  And if so, what is your opinion on his programs as empowernet works alongside the tony robbins companies.

Save the dough and read few investment books and work on your own motivation.

Profile photo of NoGuruNoGuru
    @noguru

Do they get a commission..? Is the Pope Catholic?

It is all about the hard sell to the unsuspecting and the gullible. The business model is all about shifting over valued properties and I suspect massive commissions get paid to the various parties involved in the sales process (none of whom are accredited real estate agents. This is classic NII and for my money, I think Henry Kaye has his fingerprints all over this scam.

Jenman, Brailey…..Hello? Where are you?

I know this is a little late but I attended the free 2 day seminar in melbourne and I found their information to be useful, however there is always a hard sell at the end of ewach segment. I never went to the 5 day seminar, however if it was as much of a hard sell as the 2 day seminar was, then I do think it may have been disappointing.

a question I have is…. I remember how they were trying to get people to come along and buy properties with them and get them at wholesale price, and do Steven and Michael Burnett get a commission for each property they sell? Because if they do then it's a definite stay away for me!

Profile photo of roslynnchalwell@yahoo.com[email protected]
    @roslynnchalwell-yahoo.com
    Reneeshen wrote:

I have a friend who does or has done all of Tony Robins seminars she loves them and finds them exactly what she is looking for and needs in her life. 

It is a choice, attend one and see what you think.  Personally I have never been, maybe I'll attend one of his seminars next year this year is a bit chockers.

Ros

Profile photo of propertypowerpropertypower
    @propertypower

Hi Ros,
    Just so that you are aware, Real Estate Mastery and Advanced Real Estate Mastery programs are not Tony Robbins seminars. These events are promoted by Empowernet who also promotes Tony's events in Australasia. The problem I have with Empowernet is they have used promoted REM at Tony's events (specially Wealth Mastery) and many unsuspecting Tony followers have assumed it is one of his events.

Profile photo of IratusIratus
    @iratus

For anyone interested you may wish to read through a lawyer's experience with Empowernet.

http://www.prudentjuris.com.au/blog.html

As for the properties Empowernet are flogging at their seminars, does it have anything to do with Wyndham Waters? If so you may wish to read the following article:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/kayes-hidden-millions-revealed/2006/07/25/1153816182575.html

I believe the Liquidators of Kaye's flagship company, the National Investment Institute, have a keen interest in Wyndham Waters.

As for Henry Kaye & Empowernet:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21771422-664,00.html

And as for Mr.Kaye's ability to park anywhere:

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/kaye-faces-probe-over-use-of-disabled-permit/2007/01/30/1169919341320.html

Regards
    Iratus

There are countless horrible things happening all over the country, and horrible people prospering, but we must never allow them to disturb our equanimity or deflect us from our sacred duty to sabotage and annoy them whenever possible. (Auberon Alexander Waugh 1939-2001)

Profile photo of prudentjurisprudentjuris
    @prudentjuris

Hi a friend sent me the link to this blog. I am the lawyer who operates http://www.prudentjuris.com.au  and wrote the blog about my experience with Empowernet. You asked about Stephen Molnar he was involved with Henry Kaye. I love attending seminars – apart from the information you invariably get there is nothing like the energy from the room. The important thing is not to get carried away and sign up for every course. Do your research. Empowernet lost over $20m in the last financial period. If anyone is interested email me at [email protected] and I will send you copies of the financials and some other information I have on the company. I have done Tony Robbins UPW and it is great. I have also done Stephen Pierce's course and love Chris Howard – if anyone wants free tickets to Chris who will be running his BTS in Sydney the weekend after Easter email me and I can give you a link for 2 free tickets. . I am getting my book "How to Avoid Sharks" ready for the pubolisher because I think there  is a real need with so much interest in investing for some words of caution and some sensible rules. When I finish the book at the end of this month I will be finishing some free e-books of my rules for nvesting which I have developed after 30 years as a property developers' lawyer and someone who made an lost a fortune by trusting the wrong – despite my knowledge and experience. I will be doing seminars on everything from property to surviving divorce and litigation. I will not be using the model of free seminar and hard sell I will be charging about $250 per head awith a money back guarantee and the information wIl save you heaps. If any of you ever want to run anything past me please feel free. My website http://www.prudentjuris.com.ay will be launched over the next couple of weeks but if anyone would like to have a look and send me comments I would be most appreciative. Regards Carolyn  PS Your blog is about 4th or 5th when you Google "Empowernet" My blog was 2nd on the page and since then they put up enough entries to push me to page 4! 

Profile photo of IratusIratus
    @iratus

To anyone who is contemplating, or knows of anyone who will be attending the Real Estate Mastery Course in Melbourne 18th – 22nd April please contact me via private message.

If there is anyone willing to speak about their experience of the Real Estate Mastery course could they also please contact me.

Thanks

Profile photo of jimfoxxxjimfoxxx
    @jimfoxxx

empowernet couldn't manage a washing machine, which is a shame really because they sell a great product in tony robbins events. I have done UPW, DWD, Life mastery and leadership and found them all, (except leadership) to be great value.
    I have not done wealth mastery because i had my suspicions it was just a hard sell. (and tony does not attend the event)
    DWD leadership is a scam and you basically pay $2000 to be a waterboy
    Tony is a powerful speaker and would strongly reccomend you see him in action. Its just a shame you have to buy his tickets through empowernet.

Profile photo of aretmaretm
    Participant
    @aretm

whats the diff bw DWD and DWD leadership?

Profile photo of cogdoccogdoc
    Participant
    @cogdoc
    jimfoxxx wrote:
    empowernet couldn't manage a washing machine, which is a shame really because they sell a great product in tony robbins events. I have done UPW, DWD, Life mastery and leadership and found them all, (except leadership) to be great value.
    I have not done wealth mastery because i had my suspicions it was just a hard sell. (and tony does not attend the event)
    DWD leadership is a scam and you basically pay $2000 to be a waterboy
    Tony is a powerful speaker and would strongly reccomend you see him in action. Its just a shame you have to buy his tickets through empowernet.

Hi all, newbie here with much to learn. Look forward to growing alongside you all : )

This reply is SPOT ON.  I got into the self development arena following my divorce several years ago, and have gotten a heck of a lot out of Tony Robbins. I've paid for the privilege for sure, but it comes down to return on investment. I'm very happy with the returns thus far. Anyone contemplating UPW the "first" four day event, I'd absolutely say go for it. DWD the next step gets considerably more expensive, but again, it was the most amazing and pivitol week I've yet spent. All that said, if you're weak willed, or simply "hope" that attending these sorts of seminars will do all the work for you, well you're mistaken. YOU have to do work, period! I find about 10% of the people I meet at these events ever actually change anything, even when they've paid several thousand for a seat. These sorts of events attract a lot of nutters ( including me! ). Tony is no longer coming to Australia after end 2008, so if you want to go now is the time. It's also why Empowernet is getting into other areas, as they are about to lose their crown jewel. Once Tony stops working with Empowernet, so will I. They are a very disorganised and somewhat "shady" organisation, and this is despite the fact I know their managing director Michael reasonably well and feel his heart is in the right place. How he makes his buck, well, the evidence is a bit damning mate…..

I got a stack out of the free 2 day real estate event last year, but then I was just starting out. That event turned my financial situation around, but only because I acted on the information provided. I went along to the subsequent "buy from the plan deal" and found it to be "just too good" and I listened to my instincts. I'll do it the tried and proven ways thanks. As someone with still much to learn, I have found mentors further down the path than me ( such as people on here : ) and also gotten all I figure I would need to know from Yardney's and similar Aussie specific books.

Save the money from the non Tony event's, buy a few books and chat to people on forums such as this. It's my plan anyway! Further there are PLENTY of people other than Tony Robbins to learn from, and NONE of them will change your life without you doing it. No shortcuts in anything I'm afraid!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.