All Topics / Heads Up! / Feedback on 'Custodian Wealth Builders'

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Profile photo of InvestorInTrainingInvestorInTraining
    @investorintraining

Hi everyone,

This is a follow up from my previous querie on if anybody has heard of or dealt with ‘Custodian wealth Builders’.

I had my first appointment with them a couple of weeks ago and my opinion so far is positive. They are a fully disclosed company so they have to outline exactly where and how they make their profits etc. They offer advice on purchasing new properties and taking advantage of the tax benefits etc. They were not too much help to me as i am still a little way away from my first purchase – but I will definitely consider making another appointment once my finances are in better shape.

They are developers as well – so I pressume they will push for you to purchase from them – however that is just me speculating and possibly being a little scepticle.

Anyway I just thought I would give everyone an update. If anyone would like a contact number for them so you can find out more for yourself, just send me a message and I will forward on the number to you.

Cheers,

InvestorInTraining [biggrin]

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Try this link from 2004, investorintraining.
    http://propertyinvesting.com/forum/topic/9565.html

So John Fitzgerald is the one who established this investment group…
    Also read what Neil Jenman has to say about him:
    http://www.jenman.com.au/NewsAlerts1.php?id=61

Good idea that you are researching the investment group before you get too involved with them. It’s not something anyone should just jump into before doing a lot of research.

Celivia

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

I’m curious; Does Jenman actually “Like” anyone?

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of Leo ChekhovLeo Chekhov
    @leo-chekhov

Why don’t u ask him yourself?

Amazing how, as ive said before, its so easy to goss and gassbag here and yet so few have the character to ask the person being gossed about.

Would you like someone else to send a message to Jenmen for you???

Hey, Neil, who do you like?

Surely that’s not so hard. But i guess its easier to just to put a post on a forum with an anonymous name.

Tut,

Leo

Profile photo of InvestorInTrainingInvestorInTraining
    @investorintraining

*Celivia,

Thank you for your reply. I had a look at the previous posts on Custodian Wealth builders and I will definitely be doing a lot more researh before considering dealing with them. However I do like to do my own research into property etc so I am not sure that they would be much help for me.

*Redwing,
    haha I had the same thoughts when looking over Jenmans website. He seems to have an aweful lot of negative comments without any help or direction into who is reputable (besides himself of course . . .)

*Leo,
    I don’t think you needed to take Redwings comments so seriously, he was merely stating his opinion, which I feel there is nothing wrong with that. Jenman states his opinion about countless ‘gurus’ on his website – but much more harshly without too much evidence to back up his claims I might add.

investorintraining[chill]

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing
    Originally posted by Leo Chekhov
    Why don’t u ask him yourself?

Amazing how, as ive said before, its so easy to goss and gassbag here and yet so few have the character to ask the person being gossed about.

Would you like someone else to send a message to Jenmen for you???

Hey, Neil, who do you like?

Surely that’s not so hard. But i guess its easier to just to put a post on a forum with an anonymous name.

Tut,

Leo

Who has gossed and gassbagged… Jenman..or me..??

Didn’t mean to upset you Leo, Just posted a question as I have 1,000 times before on different subjects..

I’ve sent an e-mail and look forward to a response from thier team..

I haveone of Jenmans books; agree with a lot of what he says on auctions. I’m just looking for any positive’s he has amongst all the negatives when talking about the subject of looking for some way to increase your knowledge when it comes to the world of property investing..

dunno, Leo, what are your thoughts?

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

Hi IIT,
    Five years ago (I think?) I saw an add about a seminar being held by John Fitzgerald (re: your question). When I arrived, John wasn’t doing the presentation (as was advertised) and the focus was very much on land content and the gentleman giving the presentation was highly negative re: investing in flats/units as their focus in property was only on land content. I’m sure many people have done very well investing in units and flats, but I do take John’s point. The other thing was that it felt a little bit like the one stop shop as you were to purchase from their group. I did however enjoy his book which I had previously read and his enthusiasm for investing for disadvantaged children.
    Cheers,
    Gatsby.

“Sometimes the hardest thing to do in life is often the best thing to do.”

@investorintraining

Hi Gatsby,

Yes – I attendd the same seminar a couple of weeks ago, however John did appear at this one and spoke for around and hour and a half. The content he went over sounds very similar to what you have described (focussing on land content etc) and I did find it informative.
    I have also read his book and I do like the idea of the Toogoolawa (I think that is the correct name) schools he has established – it was partly the reason why I considered making the appointment with one of the Custodian consultants because although they may be simialr to a lot of other property marketing groups out there, at least you know some of the money made is going to a great cause.
    However I think I would prefer to make the money myself and make my own contribution. As some people have previously mentioned, the company is probably better suited to those that are high in capital and low in time to research property themselves.

Cheers [biggrin]

Profile photo of kenkoh2000kenkoh2000
    @kenkoh2000

Dear All,

1. I have subscribed to CWB and read John FritzGerald’s book, “7 Steps to Wealth”.

2. I find that what John FritzGerald shared in his book and seminar to be both informative and educational, and I am using some of his ideas to develop/adapt for my own property investing strategies. I do find that they work in my case.

3. I have not purchased a single property through CWB though, despite having met up with 2 of different consultants twice in Perth in 2005, to review my property portfolio and property investing strategies. They both agreed that I am doing the right things for my own property investing and leave it at that. They did not recommend me any properties to purchase nor pressure me to purchase anything at all.

4. So, I do not understand why some members in this forum are so cynical about John FritzGerald. Or am I mssing something here that I do not know yet?

5. Looking forward to your feedbacks and further comments, please.

6. Thank you.

regards,
    Kenneth KOH

@investorintraining
    Originally posted by kenkoh2000:

Dear All,

1. I have subscribed to CWB and read John FritzGerald’s book, “7 Steps to Wealth”.

2. I find that what John FritzGerald shared in his book and seminar to be both informative and educational, and I am using some of his ideas to develop/adapt for my own property investing strategies. I do find that they work in my case.

3. I have not purchased a single property through CWB though, despite having met up with 2 of different consultants twice in Perth in 2005, to review my property portfolio and property investing strategies. They both agreed that I am doing the right things for my own property investing and leave it at that. They did not recommend me any properties to purchase nor pressure me to purchase anything at all.

4. So, I do not understand why some members in this forum are so cycnical about John FritzGerald. Or am I mssing something here that I do not know yet?

5. Looking forward to your feedbacks and further comments, please.

6. Thank you.

regards,
    Kenneth KOH

Sacrifice
    Understanding
    Committment
    Character
    Excellence
    Satisfaction
    Structure
    = SUCCESS

@investorintraining

Hi Keneth,

Sorry I was suppose to include your last comment in this reply, haha . . .oopps!

Anyway, I didn’t mean to sound cynical in any of my responses, and I didn’t get the impression that any other members were being cynical as well. I was generally happy with the seminar I attended and with the appointment I had with CWB. However I do agree with other posts made about them that they seem like a good company – but only if you don’t have the time to do the research yourself.

Why pay them an extra 3% if you can do the work yourself – which is the case for me. I enjoy doing my research and am looking to cut costs wherever possible, not cut corners by off loading the work to soemone else. But as I said – I’m sure it would be beneficial for those who are cash flow rich, time poor.

Cheers [biggrin]

Sacrifice
    Understanding
    Committment
    Character
    Excellence
    Satisfaction
    Structure
    = SUCCESS

Profile photo of foundationfoundation
    @foundation

During a recent bout of severe insomnia, I was fortunate enough to catch J. Fitzwhatsit’s infomercial on the teev at about 4.30am. This guy seems to be a bog-standard spruiker with as a bonus a team of mortgage brokers, advisers, etc working ‘for you’ (yeah right!).
    I can’t take seriously anyone who spouts the old ‘property prices double every seven to ten years’ mantra without pointing out that this is not only historically inaccurate beyond (and even within, depending which 7-10 years you pick) the early 1970s, nor that past performance is not indicative of future performance, nor that there are in fact a multitude of reasons why property prices will not double between 2003 and 2013.
    He fails to mention that the current low inflation / low interest rate situation is actually a catch 22; “Low inflation – Letting your loan linger longer” as the saying goes means that wages will rise much more slowly than in the past, therefore, house prices will be limited to doubling more slowly, and the repayments and rent will stay relatively higher as a proportion of income. Should wage inflation pick up speed, the Reserve Bank will be forced to hike interest rates… anyway, I’ll stop rambling. I’d suggest you save your money and attend Nkibel’s seminar instead. Not that I have much more faith in his understanding of economics, market forces or business cycles, but he seems like a really nice kind of guy…. actually, scratch that. Come on down to my beach shack for a weekend, bring a slab of beer (preferably J.Squire or Coopers) and your $290 will get you two days of one-on-one econo-chat, market discussion and a healthy dose of logic thrown in for free. (Gee, talk about positive cashflow – for me!)
    Or for the best of all worlds, why not stash your cash in a high interest account (alternatively buy a couple of gold sovereigns ;-)), and spend your spare time reading. There is a wealth of information available all for free on the internet – on sites such as this one, henrythornton, the economist, rba, abs, amp, macquarie uni, somersoft, etc, etc.

F.[cowboy2]

NB – If I’ve failed to write in a coherent or logical manner, let me know and I’ll go draft some new legislation for the government.

Profile photo of matt1473matt1473
    @matt1473

hi, for people who dont know all the facts about john Fitzgerald, all profits from wealth builders goes to his 2 schools for street kids to have a brighter future, his main business is as a property developer. he does these course to help people with financial freedom by showing them a system that otherwise they would have no idea about, yes he might try and get people to buy his properties, but hey thats business. jenman is old and boring and so is his real estate system, i worked in real estate for a short time because every real estate agent i came across is a conman, well 99% of  them and alot i worked with want through the so called jenman system and the lies and scams they had going were a joke, my morales made me leave this industry straight away, once i saw the truth. maybe jenman has to put people down such as john fitzgerald because he wasnt smart enough to think of it himself and these business men and women are taking buyers away from his real estate buddies, this is just one of john fitzgeralds arms of his company, he has about 78 companies i think under his control and as i said this is none profit with wealth builders, you can take this course and make your own mind up, they dont force you to buy their properties, you do have the right to use it for yourself and buy what ever, where ever. if jenman wants to talk about scare tactics look at your own industry, its what is all about, my grandmother said to me once, where there is free cheese there is a trap, agents throw your free this and that and thats the cheese and once they have you the lies and pressure start and when a contract appears, thats when they take it up a notch, the market is going to crash, this is going to happen or that and thats the trap. here is an idea, if your going to invest in property, which i feel is the best investment you can buy, would believe the word of an agent like jenman or someone who shows you a system to save you money and how to make more or an agent who tells you anything to get a sale, so they can cash in and maybe cost you thousands in the end, just so they can get a sale, i have seen agents cost people 100 of 1000's just to get the deal done through fear and tactics. i know i would rather choose someone who is showing me how to make money out of property, not giving me lie after lie to get a sale and line their pockets.

Profile photo of TaylorChangTaylorChang
    Participant
    @scha9799

ALSO there is another company don't go anywhere closer to them, which is " Property Secret Paul Giezekamp "

he is just a spuiker !

their service is bad,  their charge is very high, all you get is overcapitalised property and frustrated experience with them !!
    very unhelpful, they just want your money in their bank !  they don't care what happen to you !!

I got burn don't go there, unless you want to get burnt too !!

TaylorChang | Finance Broker
    Email Me | Phone Me

Home loan | Commercial loan | 0414 691 517

Profile photo of UnrealUnreal
    @unreal

I recently attended a custodian seminar (Fitzgerald was not the speaker).  I was pretty happy with the seminar, but not the sit-down with the speaker afterwards….he spend the entire time telling me that I don't have enough money to live and my marriage must be suffering (neither is true)…..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.